Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day 2008

Happy Labor Day to All!
I don't know where August went - each month seems to fly by faster the older I get!

Today our nation is focused on Hurricane Gustav, who is approaching New Orleans, and I pray that the city doesn't have the same destruction as it did with Hurricane Katrina 3 years ago. My prayers are for those who have to remain - the firemen, police, National Guard, doctors and nurses. These people have dedicated their lives to help others, and we should all be extremely grateful to them and remember to pray for them daily.
We are also having the Republican National Convention, and I am very proud of the members of the party who have cancelled their scheduled speeches in order to do what's necessary for the people on the Gulf Coast who are enduring the hurricane.
Sometimes tragedies like acts of nature, bring us back into putting our priorities in order.

I pray that if you have the day off from work, that you are able to enjoy some time with youf family and friends, and give thanks for all the blessings in your life.

Blessings,
Janelle

No comments: