Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Knowing Christ

Today I'm back in the book of Philippians, chapter 3: 8, 10.
"What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ". "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death".
If I were to lose everything else in this world, I am so grateful and thankful that I know Jesus, and that I have a relationship with him, and that he will see me through all things.
Knowing him is so different than knowing about him. People seem to get these two things confused.
Those who study Buddhism or Islam pray to dead men. Sure, they have their books that tell them all about them and the doctrines of those faiths, but unlike them, we have a living Savior that we can not only read about, but we can, in our reading, get to know him personally. Jesus did die, but unlike the others I mentioned, he was resurrected and is seated at the right hand of God.
It is the power of that resurrected Savior that makes available to us a relationship with the Lord. He passed from death to life, and offers us the same. We are dead in our sins until we choose to take the Lord at his word and receive him into our hearts. Once we have given him control of our lives, he gives us that same power - the power of his Holy Spirit, to live a new life, knowing that when we die, we will enter the gates of Heaven and live with Him.
I pray that today, if you don't know Jesus, you will search your heart and ask him to reveal himself to you - to change you and start a loving relationship with you. He says that those who seek him with their whole hearts, will find him.

May God's richest blessings be yours today...

Janelle

No comments: