Monday, July 7, 2008

Jesus - The Great "I AM"

Today, I'm going to share a few verses from the OT, in the book of John, that tell us WHO Jesus is. Whatever we need, He IS, and when Moses was before the Lord, preparing to go to Egypt to confront Pharoah, he asked him, "Who do I tell them sent me"? The Lord said, "Tell them I AM sent you".



John 6:35 - "Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty".

John 6:51 - "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world".

He fulfills the void that's in each of us, that we all try to fill with other things and are never satisfied, UNTIL we come to realize that He is the only thing that can fill that void.



John 8:12 - "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life".



John 10:7 -9 - "Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth. I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture".



John 10: 11 - 15 - "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd layed down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. The the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep".



John 11:25 - "Jesus said to her (Martha), ' I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies'.



John 14:6 - "Jesus answered, 'I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'.



John 15:1, 5 - "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener". "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing".



I hope these verses have spoken to your heart, and given you reassurance of the knowledge of who Jesus is. I also hope that if you are searching for the truth - today will be the day that you find the truth - Jesus!



Have a blessed week!



Janelle

No comments: