Thursday, July 24, 2008

God's Treasure

Today's passage has always been a favorite of mine. It's Colossians 2: 3 which says,
"Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge".
A short verse, but so powerful. A few years back, when doing a study of Colossians, I got to this verse and pictured a treasure chest. All of us can probably go back to our childhood and recall the excitement when reading a book or seeing a movie in which someone found a treasure chest. They immediately wanted to open it and see what was inside - what rare and beautiful riches could be hidden in it. Unless they had a key or some other way to bust it open, the treasure would remain a mystery and worthless to them.
I came to the conclusion that Jesus is the treasure chest we are all seeking to fulfill the voids in our lives. But even more, He is the key that will open the door to the riches held inside. Once we have that, we are able to discover all that He has placed inside the valued treasure chest.
The verse above says that in Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
In Proverbs 8:10 - 11 it says, "Choose my instruction rather than silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare to her".
The Lord desires to know each one of us. He has given us the gift of Jesus, and all one has to do is accept that gift. It's as simple as saying, "Father - I know I'm a sinner and need a Savior. Come to me and show me the way - change my life and give me the new life in Christ, so that I may know you more".
If you are searching for truth - it's found in Jesus and him alone. Seek Him as you would a buried treasure chest - discover what God has in store for you - a new and changed life, full of joy, hope and love.

Blessings,
Janelle

No comments: