Tuesday, April 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!
Twenty six years ago today, Heaven opened its doors and blessed me with my son, David Thomas White, Jr., aka "Dude". Every mother should be so blessed to have a son like mine - he's compassionate, loving, tender hearted, and a peace maker.
This picture was taken this past Christmas, when I received a call on Christmas Eve from my son, saying he was in the neighborhood to bring my dog his Christmas present. Now that might seem like nothing out of the ordinary, but in this case, my son had driven all night from Nashville down to central Florida to surprise his mom! Never have I gotten such a wonderful Christmas present - I miss him so badly with him living so far away, and he knew what joy that would bring to me to show up like that.
That leads me to a verse in Proverbs 29:17
"Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul".
Discipline is vital in raising our children - they don't have the ability at a young age to make certain choices, and it's up to the parents to apply proper discipline and correction to ensure that they are spared physical and emotional harm.
My son had to learn his lesson a few times in growing up, but now as a 26 year old man, he has made me very proud by enlisting in the Army National Guard. Am I scared? Heck yeah - but I gave him to the Lord when he was a baby, and I know that God is watching over him and will keep me at peace about the situation.
He has truly been a source of supreme joy in my life, and I pray that one day, I'll get a grandson just like him!
I LOVE you Dude! Happy Birthday my beautiful boy!
Mom aka Janelle :)

1 comment:

Lily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE! LILY...