Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Coping

Today in my morning devotionals, I read Psalm 116, and in my Bible, I have notes and dates of when the Lord has spoken to me about certain passages.
This particular Psalm speaks about how when one is in distress, the Lord is there for us.
My daddy died on March 15, 1984, and on that day, part of me died too. I was in more emotional pain and distress than I've ever faced up to this point in my life. I went into severe depression and was angry at God for taking my daddy, then He spoke to me through His Word and his Peace enveloped me.
Verse 3 - 9 says, "The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: O Lord save me! The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. For you O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living."
Down in verse 15 it says, "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints".

This brought me so much comfort, and I know that we all face tragedies in our lives, and if we reach out to God in those times, he says that he is here for us, and he will pour out his compassion on us and renew our strength, that we may go on.
If there is something in your life that seems overwhelming; something that you think is unbearable, I encourage you to go to God's Word and get your strength and peace from him.
I close with this passage:
The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you Peace
Numbers 6:24 - 26

Blessings to you today.
Janelle

No comments: