Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Never-Failing God

"For He has said, ' I will never leave you or forsake you'". Hebrews 13:5

From the book, "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers, he says:
What line does my thought take? Does it turn to what God says, or to what I fear? Am I learning to say not what God says, but to say something after I have heard what He says?
He has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you, so that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man will do to me".

Have I really let God say to me that He will never fail me? If I have listened to this say-so of God's, then let me listen again.

Sometimes it isn't difficulty that makes me think God will forsake me, but drudgery. There is no Hill Difficulty to climb, no vision given, nothing wonderful or beautiful, just the commonplace day in and day out - can I hear God say-so in these things?
We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing, that He is preparing and fitting us for some extraordinary thing by and by, but as we go on in grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, in the present minute. If we have God's say-so behind us, the most amazing strength comes, and we learn to sing in the ordinary days and ways.

Today I pray that I will really allow God to prove his faithfulness to me.....that I will know without a shadow of doubt, that He is here and is orchestrating circumstances for the good.
My life verse has always been Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".

He has shown his faithfulness to that promise many times in my life......I need to trust
he will do so once again.

1 comment:

Simply Shelley said...

Beautiful thoughts,Janelle...thanks for sharing...
Romans 8:28....one of my favorite scriptures!

God Bless