Thursday, February 19, 2009

Psalm 71

In thumbing through my Bible in search of something to share today, I came across Psalm 71, and it says exactly what I know someone needs to hear right now.

Psalm 71: 17 - 21

"Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,

and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God,

till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.

Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things.

Who, O God, is like you?

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again;

from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.

You will increase my honor and comfort me once again."



I know that this psalm rings true in my life, and our Lord has been faithful to bring me up "from the depths of the earth" many times.

I pray today, that if you are in a place of sadness, sorrow, loneliness or heartache, you will turn your heart towards the Lord, letting him bring you up to where he is - a place of love, comfort and healing.



Blessings,

Janelle

No comments: