Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Time for Prayer

After a few days of bitter cold here in Florida, it was so nice to have a spring-like day in the mid 70's today!
I haven't posted in quite a number of days, as I've been in prayer many hours of my days, for my precious son and others who are going through some trials that needed some serious time before the Lord.
Sometimes when in intercessory prayer, one feels the burden that the ones they love and are praying for are feeling. No different than any other kind of warfare as we know it, spiritual warfare does take its physical toll, but worth every minute of it when you finally get a break through and the peace of the Lord for that situation.
Thanks to all my friends who have been in prayer not only for my son, but for me to have the physical and spiritual strength as I went before the Lord with prayers and petitions.
I was also very blessed today to have a dear friend ask me for guidance in teaching a women's Bible study in her church. As soon as she sent the request, I knew immediately what to send to her - a study I'd done on my own some time ago when I was going through a rough time and needed to know "I'm somebody". The title I gave to that teaching that the Lord took me through was called, "I'm God's Treasured Possession" - something we all need to know without any uncertainty! I pray that she's able to use what I gave to her, and that many women will find their place and know who they are in Christ.
I pray you are having a wonderful weekend!

Janelle

2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Your posts always inspire me to a greater and closer walk with the Lord, Janelle.

Thinking of you with care,
Lea

Country*Road*Primitives said...

*sending prayers* I hope you had a wonderful weekend, too Janelle :) xox Carla