Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Sneak Peek



Tomorrow night between 9 - 10 p.m. Eastern, the TDIPT Mercantile will be updated, and I'm excited to see what all everyone has for the New Year!
Here's a sneak peek at one of my offerings - I'm in this farm animal mood, and drew out this guy and then got Bill to help me with the assembling of the legs in the stand and he came up with the idea as to how to do his feet. He says it's a rooster like Foghorn Leghorn - one of my ALL time favorite cartoons....lol "Say, I say Boy"....Oh how I wish cartoons were still as funny as they were when I was a little girl!


He's made from vintage feed sack, and I've used overlapping feather stitches in ivory, yellow and deep red to accentuate his tail feathers, wings, and feathers around his neck.


I'm considering making a pattern for him and putting it on Pattern Mart.

6 comments:

Briar Rabbit Primitives said...

Janelle, your Blog is so Beautiful! I love the graphics & the colors. Your Rooster is just Fabulous, GF! I know he is gonna strut right out the door in a FLASH! Wishing you a Happy & Healthy New Year! Hugs, Starla :)

The Olde Prim House said...

Love your cute little rooster!
Hope you and your family have a safe and happy New Year!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Now that is one very cool chicken ... rooster, I mean to say boy! LOL

Love,
Lea

Dogpatch Primitives said...

He is wonderful Janelle!

Jennifer said...

Oh Janelle-I love him!!!! I better not show him to Riley!!! Have a Happy New Year!
Jen

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Thank you so much girls...

Janelle