Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Renewed Strength

Are you worn out and just plain ole tired from all the Christmas festivities? Do you sometimes suffer from an emptiness that you just can't explain? Even believers go through times like this, and God has a thing or two to say about this, and I pray this passage will encourage and strengthen you.
Today's passage comes from Isaiah 41: 28 - 31
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and will not faint".

We all have those times when we run out of steam, and it always happens when we try to get through the day on our own instead of relying on God's strength to carry us. I've found that if I give him the first part of my morning, He is faithful to walk right beside me through the day and make it a day of purpose.
With this coming new year, I pray that you and I both will put God as our first priority, and that we'll seek a deeper relationship with Him.
Blessings,
Janelle

No comments: