Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Oh how I love Thanksgiving Day - I grew up in a large family, and treasure the memories of all of us getting together to enjoy all the wonderful food my mother prepared for us.
My goal as a young girl, was to learn to cook "dressin" like my mother's; she had to make the best I'd ever eaten, and she would always call me into the kitchen to "taste test" the dressin before serving it. She knew it was perfect, but she also knew how much I loved doing that. Before she died, I did learn to make her dressin, and as I sit here, I can smell my onions and celery browing in butter and my mouth starts watering as I think about tasting that first bite in just a little bit!
We are having my oldest sister over; the others have their extended families to share the day with. I just would like one year, for the whole lot of us to get together again.
May the Lord grace you with his presence today, and remember to thank Him for all the blessings in your life..

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Janelle

1 comment:

~Tonya said...

I hope you and your family have a Wonderful Thanksgiving, Janelle.

Blessings,
~Tonya