Thursday, November 27, 2008

New Santas by Kathy Jankiewicz are HERE!


OH I am so excited to show you the three Santas that my oldest sister Kathy Jankiewicz, brought over today for me to photograph and list on my website! These are all available for purchasing at http://www.littlesistersdolls.com/
I'm here on the left, with my sister Kathy, after enjoying a wonderful day of Thanksgiving in my home. We're the "bookends" in our family - she being the oldest daughter, and me being the youngest. We're the two that took up an interest and a love for art, painting, fabrics and sewing. When I was a little girl, I would see the drawings she would do, and the items she could make by sewing, and wanted so badly to be able to do at least half of what she was able to do!
I could go on for a long time about the amazing talent that is in the heart and hands of my sister, but instead of me rambling, I'll just share some of her works with you. :)


I posted not long ago, about where all her works have been featured and sold, so I hope if you haven't read the bio on her, you will take the time to do so.
She calls this line of dolls, "Santa Fe Santas" - expressing her love of the Southwest, and the beautiful colors found in the native Navajo wares found there.



Two of them are 23", and the other is 17". They are made with Vintage Pendleton wool blankets, leathers, faux fur and suede, and each come with so many handmade goodies, it's hard to decide which one I like best!
*TO SEE FULL SIZED - CLICK ON PHOTOS BELOW. WHEN FINISHED, CLICK YOUR BACK BUTTON TO RETURN TO THIS PAGE*


This is her 17" Santa Fe Santa, complete with two little doggies and even a kitty with his own little toy! He rides in the goodie bag on the back, along with another kitty who is sewn into place.



Close up of this beautiful Santa! I am forever amazed at the detailed hand work my sister does on each of her items, especially their facial features!
I just love this 23" Medium Santa Fe Santa - he's got three little dogs with him, all on leashes. She hand made these too, from an idea she got from a book in the library by Mary Englebreit.
This shows the back view, with his green velvet and leather fringed bag full of goodies.
His green hand sewn sequin eyes inside his face made from suede, just sparkle against his green velvet and wool suit!
This blue and white Santa Fe Santa with his cute little dog is stunning! The Pendleton wool blanket used for his coat has stars, which Kathy adorned with Vintage crystal buttons and rhinestones. His little dog walks on a faux pearl leash.
This rear view shows a doll in his goodie bag, who has clay head, hands and feet. She too, is dressed in the beautiful blue wool.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and let me share my sister and her remarkable creations with you.

Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours..

Janelle











No comments: