Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Nice Relaxing Sunday

It's hard to believe that today was the last day of November already!
We went to the 8:00 service at church today, and it was the final sermon in the series called, "Two Sons - Two Different Paths" - a study of The Prodigal Son from Luke 15.
Pastor Cliff gave us such an inspiring view of this story told by Jesus of a father's unconditional love. It surely brought me to a new understanding of the depths of the love our Heavenly Father has for us, and that no matter what - he's always watching for us, and is waiting with outstretched arms to welcome us home.
After church we had breakfast, then both enjoyed a nice early afternoon nap as the rain came through.
I was starting to work on what I thought was going to be a snowman, but then I had an idea to put him on one of my stick horses, and realized he needed to be a Santa, not a snowman! I had Bill drill and set the stick of the horse into a wooden base for me as I finished up the details of Santa and his goodie bag.
I'm very pleased at how it turned out and will post pics sometime tomorrow - the weather isn't cooperating with me to take good photographs today! Not complaining though - we have needed some rain, and this will bring a little cool snap to us as well.
Bill also let me know that he was out of cookies, and seeing as how I'm going to do my normal Monday grocery shopping, I wasn't going out in the rain to pick up any today. I decided to pull out the old rolling pin and make some home made sugar cookies to hold him off until I can get to the store. Home mades taste so much better anyway! :)
Tomorrow I'll get back to my study in Jeremiah 10. Today I just wanted to reflect on the sermon from church and rest in God's love...

Janelle

No comments: