Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lifeblood of the Innocent

I continue on in chapter 2 of Jeremiah, verses 31 - 35. Again, we will see the Lord asking questions of his people, and then his rebuke of them.
"You of this generation, consider the word of the Lord: 'Have I been a desert to Israel or a land of great darkness? Why do my people say, 'We are free to roam; we will come to you no more"? Does a maiden forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me days without number. How skilled you are at pursuing love! Even the worst of women can learn from your ways. On your clothes men find the lifeblood of the innocent poor, though you did not catch them breaking in. Yet in spite of all this you say, ' I am innocent; he is not angry with me.' But I will pass judgement on you because you say, ' I have not sinned'."

I am so proud to be an American, but I am also so ashamed of the way we have allowed elected officials who have no room for God or his laws and standards, to take control. Our country sounds just like the statements made above. Unlike our forefathers who founded this great nation we live in, we have forgotten God, and in some cases, just outright removed him. We do have the lifeblood of the innocent on our "clothes" as its referred to in those verses - we sat back silently while laws were made to enable doctors to murder innocent babies in the womb. As it says, "we didn't even catch them breaking in". I thought doctors took an oathe to protect and save lives? Again, we say the same statements made above, "I am innocent; he is not angry with me".
How prideful our nation has become. The scriptures say in Proverbs 16:18: "Pride comes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall". We will be judged by God for our sin, when all He is wanting us to do is repent - confess our sins, and come to him for his forgiveness and mercy.
We have probably the most important of elections about to occur here in a matter of weeks. I pray that people will sincerely seek God for his wisdom as to who to cast the vote for. We need our country to get back to its roots of Judeo-Christian principles, and to remove those from office who have an agenda to replace morals with "tolerance" and "political correctness".
We as believers in this great country, need to wake up, stand up, and let our voices be heard. No longer can we sit back quietly while those who seek to remove God completely, slide in yet more laws to do just that.

No comments: