Monday, October 6, 2008

He Touched Me

Good Monday Morning!
I hope everyone had a blessed weekend, and that their new week has started off well.
We visited a church yesterday that I had gone to years ago when I was a teenager. I saw some familiar faces of older folks that were friends with my mother and stepfather, and was happy to see that one of my childhood friends was now the pianist there.
It's a small church of about 200 hundred people, and I would love to visit again and see if that's where God wants us to be a part of.
The music were some old familiar hymns, and "He Touched Me" was one of them. That's one of those songs that brings me to tears everytime - I can sometimes almost hear my mother singing along. She had a beautiful soprano voice, and would sing hymns around the house all day, every day, as she did her housework.
I wanted to share the words of that song today, and will get back to my study of Jeremiah tomorrow.

"Shackled by a heavy burden, 'neath a load of guilt and shame
Then the hand of Jesus touched me, and now I am no longer the same

He touched me, Oh He touched me
And oh the joy that floods my soul.
Something happened, and now I know - He touched me and made me whole

Since I met this blessed Savior
Since He cleansed and made me whole
I will never cease to praise Him
I'll shout it while eternity rolls

He touched me, Oh He touched me
And OH the JOY that floods my soul.
Something happened, and now I know - He touched me and made me whole"

If you are burdened today, as the song says - I pray that you will let the hand of our dear Lord touch you and free you from those things that have you feeling guilty, empty and less than whole. He says in Revelation 3: 20: "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me". That's the Lord speaking to each one of us and letting us know that he so desires to have close fellowship with us.

May your week be blessed in every way

Janelle

No comments: