Monday, October 13, 2008

IF and THEN

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and got to spend time with those you love, doing what you love!
I am back in Jeremiah, starting on chapter 4 today. Just like a parent setting limits and conditions on their children, that's what we see God doing in these first few verses...I call them, "If and Then". Verses 1 - 2 say:
" IF you will return O Israel, return to me, declares the Lord. IF you put your detestable idols out of my sight and no longer go astray, and IF in a truthful, just and righteous way you swear, 'As surely as the Lord lives', THEN the nations will be blessed by him and in him they will glory".

We can't expect the Lord to bless us if we continually turn our backs on him, and try to live our lives without Him being in the center of them. He made us with a void in our hearts that only He can fill, and he tells us in these first two verses the easy way to get through life and it's challenges and trials.

I pray that today will bring each of us closer to the Lord - that we will all allow him to be more involved in our lives, and that we will hear the voice of His Spirit as He leads us. Times are hard, and they aren't going to get any better - the Bible is very clear that in the last days, that sin and darkness will increase, and it is vital that we, as the "light of the world", shine brightly.

Revelation 22: 20 - 21 "He who testifies to these things say, "Yes, I am coming soon". Amen, Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen".

1 comment:

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

I LOVE your inspiratinal blog,THANK YOU for creating it and i read it every day , I'm blessed and up lifted by it.God Bless you with his blessings until you over flow!