Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Today I'm studying Psalm 139. This Psalm focuses on four great attributes of God. His knowledge of all things (vs 1 - 6), His presence everywhere (vs 7 - 12),His power in the formation of man (vs 13 - 18), and His holiness, which destroys evil men and searches the believer's heart.

For those who think that an embryo is just tissue, and not a viable human - I think that verses 13 - 18 prove just the opposite. They say this:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious are your thoughts toward me O God! How vast is the sum of them".

God knew each one of us, and the plan he had for our lives before we were even created. I love the verse that says, "how precious are your thoughts toward me, how vast is the sum of them". We can't even begin to comprehend the amount of love that God has for us - he loves us enough to have had the thought in his mind to form us and plan a life for us, and so we can have life with him when we leave this earth, he loved us enough "to send his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

If you are feeling like you don't matter to anyone in this world, you do. God put you here for a reason. He wants for you to search him out and get to know him personally; letting him show you how much he loves you and what his plans for you are.
To know God personally, you need Jesus to take you to the Father. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through me". John 14:6

Let today be the day that you know the Truth, and that the Truth will set you free. John 8:32



Janelle

No comments: