Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Being Bold in Our Faith

Today, all my reading kept bringing me across passages that mentioned being BOLD in our Christian walk. I know that's not easy for some, and it didn't used to be for me, but after hearing the Lord speak to me one day about being praying for this total stranger in the grocery store, and the reaction she had - it helped take away that fear of stepping out of my comfort zone.
The passages are from Psalm 138:3, Proverbs 28:1, and Acts 4:29b, and Ephesians 6:19
Ephesians 6:19 says, " Pray also for me, that when I open my mouth, words may be given to me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel". Try to take advantage of every situation the Lord puts you in. Pray for the opportunity to minister to someone the Lord puts in your path, and pray for his Holy Spirit to fill your heart with boldness, and his words.
Psalm 138:3: "When I called, you answered me, you made me bold and stouthearted". The psalmist is saying that when he needed the strength of the Lord, all it took was a mere asking, and the Lord was there to deliver.
Proverbs 28:3: "The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion". The Hebrew word for bold here is "Confident". Through Christ, we are victorious - we need to be confident of the power of God that lives in us, and let that power manifest in our daily life.
Acts 4: 29b: "Enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness".

As I go out to do my running around today, I am asking the Lord to make me available for whomever he might put in my path, and for me to have this boldness and confidence to speak his words that will minister to the very need they have in their life today. I pray that you will do the same.

Janelle

No comments: