Saturday, May 10, 2008

Faithfulness

Sometimes God allows us to go through things to get our attention and bring us back to our knees in need of Him. I hope today's blog will speak to your heart about the faithfulness of Our Father in Heaven.
There was a song released a couple of years ago by the group Casting Crowns called "I'll Praise You in This Storm". At the time of it's release, I had a dream that I was in a terrible storm - it felt SO real when I woke up, and I remember telling Bill about it. Several days later, I got back to work after lunch and was told I was no longer needed. There were other things going on in my life at the time, and it was like I was right back in that dream. I feel the Lord gave me that dream kind of as a warning of things to come in my life, and that He knew I would have to cry out to him for help. I felt alone and scared, and wanted to know if God heard my cries, so I cried out to God to speak to me. I was driving to various places to put in resumes, and I heard this song on the radio - I had to pull over and listen to it, sobbing the entire time. It spoke directly to my heart and gave me his peace and comfort. Amazing how he can use so many different things to reach us.
That song was taken from scripture, and that's where I'm taking the passage from today. Psalm 121:1 - 2.
"I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth. He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber; Indeed he who watches over Israel will neither slumber or sleep. The Lord watches over you - the Lord is the shade at your right hand. The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more".
This Psalm reminds us that no matter where we are, or what we are faced with - all the "storms" of life that seem to have us caught up in a whirlwind - God is with us - he is watching over us and will protect us and help us get through.
Below are the words to the song that was taken from this Psalm. It sure did give me strength and courage to face all I was going through, and every time I hear it now, it is a reminder of God's faithfulness.
Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.
Chorus: And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand
You never left my side and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone
how can I carry on if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away
Chorus
I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
Chorus

Whatever you're going through today, God is right here - there's nothing impossible with him, and he's just waiting for you to cry out to him in your "storm". Just as he was in the boat with the disciples out on the middle of a lake when a severe storm suddenly came up and with a word, he calmed the storm, so will he be with you.
Have a wonderful Saturday, and remember to tell all the "moms" in your life, "Happy Mother's Day".

Janelle

No comments: