Monday, April 28, 2008

Mercy

After a long, but fun weekend, it's time to get back into my daily routine.
I start out today from the book of Proverbs, and my passage is from Chapter 28:13
"He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy".
One of the hardest things to do as humans is to say "I'm sorry" when we've hurt someone, or admit that we have sinned. We want to think that we are always in the right, and God tells us that to fear sin and it's consequences brings mercy into our lives. In I John 1:9, we read that "if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness".
I know that when I walk around being stubborn and not wanting to admit my sins or perhaps harmful words or actions against another, I feel horrible and in a sense, tormented. It's only when I've gone to that person and confessed, asked for their forgiveness, that I am released from that torment and feel clean.
None of us deserve the Lord's mercy or forgiveness, but He has promised us that if we trust Him to be the Lord of our lives, we can be free from the torment of sin and it's consequences. He also teaches us to practice that in our lives - show mercy, show forgiveness - let Him live through us. He can and will get each one of us through everything that life throws at us - it's all a matter of humbling ourself and going to Him to admit our need of Him, thank Him for the sacrifice He made for us, and walk through each day dependent on His strength, mercy and grace.
Have a blessed week!

Janelle

1 comment:

Lily said...

Welcome back, lil sister. Missed ya! Nancy and I love this pasage too. We talked about it this morning, before she went to work. Blessings, Lily...