Friday, February 13, 2009

Spring Gardening Bunny


Spring will be here before you know it, and Beatrice has already been busy in her garden as you can see, by her muddy oversized paws. She is string jointed and also stands easily on her own. I drew out the pattern with a mind of adding a little whimsy, and wanted that to show in her oversized front and hind paws.

She is made from stained muslin and wears a vintage lace and linen doily for a collar, and an apron made from homespun, which has 3 pockets on front. Inside the center pocket is a bunch of carrots, and I've pinned on some stained gardening gloves to another pocket. Wired onto her left arm is a little tin watering can.

No lady would be out in the garden without her accessories - so she's donned a bow, made from the same homespun as her apron, and also a pearl brooch, done in the letter B of course!

I'm not sure yet where I'm going to list her - she needs to sit here with me for a while, so I can ponder it....

No comments: