Thursday, February 26, 2009

Perfect Peace

I am so thankful and so grateful to all those friends and family who since hearing the news of Dude's upcoming deployment in December, have prayed and will continue to pray for Dude, as well as for me.
The Lord gave me this scripture this morning, as I continue to go to him more frequently about having complete peace about this.
He says in John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled, and do not be afraid".
I also read in Isaiah 26:3 - 4, another familiar passage, that has a whole new and fresh message for me - "You Lord, will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal". The Hebrew word for the peace mentioned here, translates into " a full, genuine well-being".
You might be in a place in your life when you too, need to know the peace that passes all human understanding. We all face different trials and tests of faith throughout our walk here on earth, and I pray that these passages will speak peace into your heart as they have done for me.

Blessings,
Janelle

No comments: