Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wool Bunny Wall Hanging




I have literally bags and bags of scraps of all kinds, but this year I accumulated more than an abundant supply of wool scraps, so I put some of them to use this past week. I've been working on this the last couple of days, when I need a break from sitting at the sewing machine.


My dear friend Lily, of French Country Chic, had done a bunny penny rug that inspired me in this one.


The background is a brown tweed like wool, with little pink flecks in it, so I took a scrap of this wonderful pink wool and some brown cotton floss to blanket stitch it on with.


More scraps of ivory, olive green and pink wool were used to make the flowers and vine with leaves.


I'm not sure if this is going to be something that I list anywhere, or if I'm going to save it as a baby shower gift for our worship leader's wife Jennifer, who is expecting a little girl in March. I need to see what colors she's doing the nursery in, and if this will work for her - I might have my gift already finished! :)


Thanks Lily, for your inspiration - I love ya big sistah! :)


Janelle

3 comments:

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Janelle, you are one of my favorite artists... I love everything you create. You are truly blessed! Your bunny hanging is adorable... xox Carla

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Wow! Absolutely adore the colors you chose for this project. It's beautiful!

Smiles,
Lea

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Thanks Lea....It's going to be the gift for my worship leader's wife, and their new baby girl that will be arriving in March...