Friday, January 9, 2009

It's Been a Very Good Day!

Well my day started off very early with a 5 a.m. wake up from my hubby - we had to go into his office and do a photo shoot for a local magazine. What girl likes to have her picture taken so early in the morning? Not this one, that's for sure...lol

I had a few minutes to spare before leaving for the office, so I checked my email, and lo and behold, there was an invoice order from Etsy - one of my customers bought two of the bunnies I listed yesterday! She lives in the United Kingdom, and although it costs a little bit more to ship there, I welcome any and all purchases. I gave her a discount because she purchased two items, and had to eat a little bit in the cost of shipping, but if it keeps one coming back to buy more, then I surely don't mind having to take a small hit on shipping costs.

After finishing up with that, I went by my sister LaLa's house and we took a "field trip" to JoAnn's Fabrics, to pick up some much needed supplies. While out, we just had to go to a couple of our favorite thrift stores. :) I found a cute blouse for 50 whole cents, and a wonderful grey wool blanket for 2 whole bucks! I used to have an identical blanket as this, and it turned out quite a few really great elephants, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to get off the bunny trail for a few days and cut myself an elephant. It's hard for me to have a new piece of fabric or wool laying around for a few days - I want to cut into it as soon as I bring it into the house.

When I got home, I checked my email, and there was one from one of my friends on Etsy, informing me that this lil bunny was featured on an Etsy Treasury. Well I wasn't even sure what that was, but here's the link - http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=32086

I don't know who gets to go through all the items listed to make up a Treasury list, but I was honored to have this simple lil bunny make the cut!



2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Congratulations, Janelle! So happy to hear about your sale and your feature. Wonderful news!

Smiles,
Lea

Bobby Chase said...

This is a ggreat blog