Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finding a Long, Lost Friend

Today I had the most wonderful thing happen! The daughter of my best friend in 8th grade, found me on Facebook!
I had moved to Memphis to live with my daddy, stepmother and sister Angie that year, and developed a very close friendship with a girl named Angie as well. We were stuck together like glue most of the time, and after I moved back to Florida, we lost touch for some time.
In 1978 after I got married and went on my honeymoon, we drove up to Memphis to see my daddy and I was able to contact my friend Angie, who had since gotten married and had a two year old daugher, Mandy.
It was Mandy, who found me on Facebook today - she said her mom was over and they were on the computer together and just happened to do a search for me and WALLA - there I was! The strange thing is that I was just looking for Angie around that same time last week, but couldn't remember her married name!
I sent her an email and am excited to hear back from her...
Thank you Jesus, for this reunion!

Janelle

1 comment:

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Hi Janelle! I love facebook and have gotten back in touch with many friends from long ago. I'm glad you were able to find your friend xox