Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - Ch Ch Ch Ch Chang-es

We woke up to chilly weather this morning, and had to run a little heat, but knowing how the weather in Florida can be, we'll be more than likely running the air conditioning tomorrow! lol
I am excited to see what all God will put into my path in this new year! This coming Tuesday morning, I'll begin a ladies Bible study by Beth Moore, called "Esther - It's Hard Being a Woman". Ain't that the truth? I'm anxious to get started, and to meet some new women in my church and form more new friendships.
We've been told that 2009 will bring change - that can be good and bad at the same time, in my opinion. There are things in our country that I would like to see changed - there are many court battles over whether or not "One nation, under God" should be taken out of our pledge, which needs to stay put! Yesterday I heard on the news that an athiest group has filed a law suit against "so help me God" being removed from the inaugural swearing in. The group who is filing this suit says it doesn't want our country to be known as a country founded on Christian principles because that would mean we endorse God and a religion, but if we cave into their demands, we are following a religion of athiesm.
Our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, and never before in history have we seen such an uprising against those principles as we do now. We need to take a stand and let our voices be heard, and not sit back silently as those in the 50's and 60's did, when prayer in school was opposed and taken out. One woman's voice was raised and the nation sat back and let that one voice change our country forever.
I pray that in 2009, the Spirit of God will bring about a new revival and hunger for God in our country.
May your year be full of the riches and blessings from the Lord above!
Janelle

1 comment:

Simply Shelley said...

Amen,Janelle! This is a great post.

Blessings,Shelley