Friday, December 5, 2008

New Lil Bear on My Website

Yesterday I just felt like making a lil bear, and this is how he turned out. I jointed him with vintage buttons, because I ran out of my hardboard discs and cotter pins, but am pleased with the look.
He's made from a vintage wool blanket, and his ears are lined with vintage velvet, which has been stained for an aged appearance. His eyes are glass loops, sewn in, and I've used cotton floss to stitch his nose and mouth.
He's stuffed with wood excelsior in his paws, with a little bit of polyfil where I had to joint his arms and legs.
His body is filled with plastic pellets and wood excelsior, to give it weight and a floppy-ness, as an old bear would have.
Around his neck, he's got a piece of stained cheesecloth and a tag with "B" stamped on.
He's for sale on my website at http://www.littlesistersdolls.com/, for a very low price of $15.00

Janelle

3 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Janelle he is precious!!!
~Peanut

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Jan,he's so sweet..how talented you are! I think I picked the little yellow elf up at a yard sale for nickel. I don't think I have ever seen another yellow one either.
Have a blessed weekend....

Shelley

Farmhouse Blessings said...

He is such a darling, Janelle! I love that you used an old wool blanket to make him. Makes him even more special.

Smiles,
Lea