Saturday, November 1, 2008

Seeking God's Wisdom and Direction

It's hard to believe it's November already, and in just three short days, our country will elect a new President!
I pray our country will seek God's wisdom in making their decisions as to all the candidates running for the various offices on all levels - local, state and national. This is the time that we all need to make our voices heard on the issues that regard morality, more than anything else. It seems most of the people's attention is focused on the economy, which is vital to any country, but we need to get back to the Judeo-Christian principles that our founding fathers laid out, with the guidance and wisdom of God.
Which leads me directly back into Jeremiah 6: 6 - 8. God is bringing judgement on the people who once sought him for his guidance and wisdom, and who have now forsaken him.
"This is what the Lord Almighty says, 'Cut down the trees and build seige ramps against Jerusalem. This city must be punished; it is filled with oppression. As a well pours out its water, so she pours out her wickedness. Violence and destruction resound in her; her sickness and wounds are ever before me. Take warning, O Jerusalem, or I will turn away from you and make your land desolate so no one can live in it'".
Is that the kind of judgement that awaits our land, should we continue to turn further and further away from God?
Again, I leave you with this passage from II Chronicles 7: 14 - "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven and will heal their land".

No comments: