Sunday, November 23, 2008

FBC's Newest Members



After visiting for a while now, Bill and I joined FBC - Leesburg today.

We've been in a series of sermons from Luke 15, the story of The Prodigal Son. I think there is one more week, possibly two, to finish up this series.

I've learned so much from this study, and have great appreciation of Pastor Cliff Lea, in his ministry of the Word, and his dedication to the calling of Christ in his life.

We will attend a new members class, and are hoping to both join the choir as well.

FBC - Leesburg has a very strong outreach to our community; they have a clinic for those who can't afford medical care; a substance abuse program and housing for those who are seeking to really change their lives; a program that reaches out to help people in the community who need help in learning the right skills to be in the work force; and so many other programs that are so beneficial to our town.

I look forward to meeting more people and getting involved in wherever the Lord leads me to do so.

One of my prayers recently has been that there would be a women's Bible study starting up soon, and in today's bulletin there was an announcement that a study by Beth Moore from the book of Esther titled, "Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman" starts the first part of January.

I am so thankful to out Lord that my husband wanted to join this wonderful, Christ-filled church - it truly is an answer to prayer!


Hope your Sunday is as blessed as mine has been.


Janelle

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I'm so happy for you, Janelle! We are still looking for a home church and my heart is heavy not having a place to be yet. But I know that we'll find the right place at the right time.

If I don't get back here before Thanksgiving, I wish you a very happy and joyful special day!

Hugs,
Lea