Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Cards for Soldiers

I got this in an email today, and think it's just a wonderful idea!
Wal-Mart has some nice, but inexpensive Christmas cards, and I'm going to send out a couple of boxes of these to let our men and women who serve our country, that they are appreciated, and are being prayed for and thought of at Christmas time.

When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get. When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Thanks, Janelle, for this wonderful information. This will be a lovely service project for our family.

Last year, our little Colton wrote several letters to our service men, and he has received some really sweet notes back from them.

Yes, I decided to begin reading Jeremiah after reading your devotions lately so I can follow along with your writings. I wrote about you in a post and hope that maybe others will discover your insightful reflections. Thanks so much for sharing. My husband & I have both been reading them.

Wishing you joy today,
Lea