Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What is Your Trust In?

Good Morning!
Let's continue in Jeremiah 5: 3 - 9: "O Lord, do not your eyes look for truth? You struck them, but they felt no pain; you crushed them, but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than stone and refused to repent. I thought, ' These are only the poor, they are foolish, for they do not know the way of the Lord, the requirements of their God. So I will go to the leaders and speak to them; surely they know the way of the Lord, the requirements of their God.' But with one accord they too had broken off the yoke and torn off the bonds. Therefore a lion from the forest will attack them, a wolf from the desert will ravage them, a leopard will lie in wait near their towns to tear to pieces any who venture out, for their rebellion is great and their backslidings many. 'Why should I forgive you? Your children have forsaken me and sworn by gods that are not gods. I supplied all their needs, yet they committed adultery and thronged to the houses of prostitutes. They are well-fed, lusty stallions, each neighing for another man's wife. Should I not punish them for this?' declares the Lord. 'Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?'"
Jeremiah went all throughout the land to try to find but one righteous person, and found none.
He went to what were the common people, thinking they would be different, but they were just the same as the leaders and everyone else - rebellious towards God.
The Lord compared them to well-fed, lusty stallions, for their seeking everything material and that which satisfied the lusts of the flesh, instead of the direction and faithfulness of God.
Sound familiar? Are we not living in a society that is self-serving, and trusting in the world's economy for their safety and well being?
Even the news reports say that during this election we are to have in less than two weeks, the main issue is the economy - not the safety and defense of our nation - money, and panic in "how are we going to live"? is the main concern for most.
I'm so thankful for God's grace, and that he has kept me focused on Him and His Word, and I've not experienced this state of panic. God IS in control - always has been, and always will be, even if things don't seem like it. He is forever working behind the scenes on our behalf, and we just have to trust him in that!
The Lord says that if we believe in him, and follow him, he will supply ALL our needs. Philippians 4: 19: "And my God will meet all your needs, according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus".
We see in Psalm 37: 25: "I was young and now I'm old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken for their children begging for bread".
Hebrews 13:5 says: "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "NEVER will I leave you' NEVER will I forsake you".
If you don't know the Lord personally - it's as easy as you just talking to him and telling him that you need him - that you're a sinner who can't do this on your own. Ask him to forgive you for all your days of sin and not trusting him to save you, and he will be there on the spot to do just that!
Then, you will be part of his family - his precious child, whom he will lead, protect, and take care of now in this world, and then for all eternity, as we go to live with him.
I close with this blessing:
"The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you
The Lord turn His face towards you and give you Peace".

Shalom,
Janelle

No comments: