Friday, September 19, 2008

WHEN DOES LIFE BEGIN?


This is a bulletin I just posted on myspace.com


With this being such a hot topic - and everyone has put in their two cents, I felt I had the right to put mine in as well!


My stance on this subject is based on my FAITH, not on what one political party says is right or wrong. I won't have to answer to them when my time on earth is done, but I WILL have to answer to our Creator.
We all have differing views, and we should all be allowed to express our views without vicious name calling and trashing one another, which benefits NO ONE!
Here's what makes NO sense to me though:
If a woman who is pregnant is murdered or killed in a car accident by a drunk driver, that person is charged with TWO murders. Yet in America, that woman would not only be ALLOWED and applauded in making the decision to be a part of the murder of her own child in her womb, but in many cases, the government would pay for it. The womb should be the safest place in the world for a baby, and this seems like a double standard to me that makes NO sense whatsoever.
Rape and incest are the worst of crimes, and I am in NO way condoning either, but why should an innocent baby be the one to pay the price for those crimes? Should the murder of that baby be the only option the mother is told that is out there for her? I say NO - psychological help is available, there are churches and charities available and willing to help out these mothers in any way they can - emotionally, spiritually and with medical care. There are also plenty of families here in the United States who travel abroad each year to adopt unwanted children, who would love to become the parents of all these unwanted babies.
My stance on this issue comes from :
Psalm 139: David, being led by God's Holy Spirit, writes:
"For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body.All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.How precious are your thoughts towards me O God!How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand."
JANELLE/ PROUD MOM of Sarah and Dude - the two GREATEST gifts the Lord has ever given to me.

No comments: