Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Pilgrim Dolls for the Mercantile





















Today I started working on two new Pilgrim dolls I'll be putting on the TDIPT Mercantile on October 1.
They are made from coffee stained muslin, and have needle sculpted noses; I've drawn their facial features free-hand with artists' pencils and did the detailing of their eyes with acrylics. Shading is done with brown eye shadow to give more definition to their faces. She has beautiful emerald green eyes and he has steel grey eyes.
They both have needle felted sheeps wool for hair - hers a warm chestnut brown, and his, grey with white tips. I've left him a bald spot on the top of his head. She wears a bonnet from stained muslin that rests atop her head.
I've ordered some wonderful fabric that I'm hoping will be here in a day or so to dress her in. I think he's going to be wearing a suit made of brown wool. We'll see.....sometimes what I picture in my head isn't what ends up on the doll - they seem to take on a life of their own!
I'm excited about how they are turning out thus far, and can't wait to finish them!
Be sure to check my website for other OoAK dolls, and take advantage of the FREE SHIPPING offer I have running through the end of September. Details are on the homepage of my website:



3 comments:

Cookie said...

wowie... love me some pilgrims, Janelle!

they are both awesome and you have done a fantastic job creating... now ethel, gitcher clothes on!

Anonymous said...

The pilgrams dolls look amazing!! I can hardly wait to see the finished products.
LOVE your work J.
Hugs & Blessings!
Donna

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Your dolls are lovely Janelle - I can't wait to see them finished!! xox