Monday, June 2, 2008

Psalms Alive

In the early 1980's I came across this album in the library at the church, and borrowed it to take home to listen to. It was called, "Psalms Alive. It was absolutely beautiful, and the presence of peace it brought into my home was astounding! My kids were little toddlers then, and they heard it so much, they had many of the songs memorized.
Today in my reading, I came across a Psalm where I had noted that it was from that album. I'm reading from Psalm 143.
This morning I'm battling a horrid sinus and ear infection, and just need the peace of the Lord, and to lean on Him for some rest, and this Psalm spoke to my heart about how God is always here to give us just that.
In verses 6 - 8 it says, "I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Answer me quickly, O Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul".
I'm putting my trust in Him today that this morning, this word of his unfailing love will be my strength for the day. If you need someone to hold you up today, go to the Lord - read aloud this Psalm to him - I promise he will meet you where you are and lift up your soul.

Have a blessed day!
Janelle

No comments: