Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Love of Christ

Today I'm reading Romans Chapter 8 - probably one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. I encourage you, when you have time, to read this entire chapter. I'm focusing on verses 35, 37-39.
"Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither heighth nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord".
I'm sure that there are times in your life, as I've had in my own, that we feel seperated from God, and that he couldn't possibly love us. WRONG!
The verses above show us that there is nothing in the entire universe that is outside of God's control. Therefore, nothing (including ourselves) can seperate us from his eternal love.
Is there some past or present sin that makes you feel seperated from the Lord? Some present problems you or your family are facing? Do these things flare up and try to make you feel unworthy to go to him?
If you answer yes to any or all of these, you are being deceived by satan into believing that there is something keeping you from going to Jesus to receive his forgiveness and his eternal love. Satan wants to keep you in the mindset of unworthiness in order to keep you from going to the One who can set you free. God's love toward us isn't based on our "goodness" or anything else. His love toward us began at our creation. Psalm 139:15 says, "My frame wasn't hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be".
The Good Lord created you because he wanted a son or daughter just like you! If you have asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life, then you are a son or daughter of God, and you are worthy to walk up to his throne and pour your heart out to him without fear of rejection. There is NOTHING in this world that can ever make God love you less - so I ask you today to step out of that fear of rejection and crawl up into the lap of God and receive all the love he has to give.

Janelle

No comments: