Saturday, May 24, 2008

Left Behind

Today I've been searching the scriptures and am reading in the NT, the book of I Corinthians 15:51 - 52 and also I Thessalonians 4:15 - 18.
These passages speak of the second coming of the Lord, or as it's referred to in this day, the Rapture of the Church. It's a controversial issue, and many believe the Lord will come for his own before the years of tribulation, some believe mid trib, and some post trib. I'm not here to argue any of these points. I merely want to point out that it IS going to happen, and we all need to be ready.
I Thessalonians 4:15 - 18: "According to the Lord's sovereign word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from Heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left, will be caught up in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words".
I Corinthians 15:51 - 52: "Listen, I tell you a mystery. We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed".
I'm sure most have heard of the novel series called, "Left Behind". It's 13 books, well worth taking the time to read. It's the story of how the world will be at the second coming of Christ. It takes scriptures from Revelation, and lays out how the prophecies given to John will unfold. Those who were ready for him are taken away as it states in I Thessalonians, "in the twinkling of an eye". It IS going to happen y'all - I can't imagine how the world is going to react or respond when it does, but I'm glad I'm not going to be around to witness it.
My prayer today is that you're ready - if you read the scriptures, you can clearly see that all that was predicted to happen by the Lord's prophets, and the Lord himself, are coming to pass. The changes in the weather patterns, "wars and rumors of war", the way people are carrying on - He said these things would happen more and more, and the more they happen, the more frequent these events will happen to each other - he compared it to a woman in labor.
Don't get left behind!

No comments: