Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wisdom



Today everything in my devotionals speaks of wisdom, and it's importance in our lives. In Psalm 111:10 it says, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise".
I then read my daily passage in Proverbs, and it goes right along with this message of the importance of godly wisdom in our lives. Proverbs 24:3 says, " By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures".
The "house" can refer to an individual or family, or any enterprise. It is grounded in wisdom, strengthened by understanding(good judgement), and prospers by continuing knowledge.
So many times when we hear the message of "prosperity", it is mistaken to mean that you will prosper financially, which can and does happen to believers, but the soul who truly prospers is the one who reaps abundant spiritual blessings. I have had many material things in my life, but they do nothing to bring true joy into one's life; many times sorrow is the result of those. It's when I've been trusted to pray with someone for a specific need, whether a physical healing, a family situation, or leading them to Jesus, THOSE are the kinds of "rare and beautiful treasures" that have really blessed my socks off and brought unspeakable joy. It blows me away that God would allow me to participate in such experiences.

Ground yourself in God's wisdom - see what a difference it can make in your life today.

Janelle

No comments: